Saturday 24 January 2009

A Year Ago Today....

A Year Ago Today....
  • I woke up with my family in a hotel room, packed up all of our suitcases, and checked out.
  • I was keeping a special secret (and dealing with morning sickness caused by that special secret).
  • All of our furniture and belongings were boxed up and waiting to be shipped.
  • Our house was empty, and eagerly awaiting someone to rent it (thankfully, we didn't have to wait that long).
  • I chatted with my aunt, and ate my last American dinner at her house.
  • I was driven to the airport in a mini-van taxi with my two kids on either side.
  • I called my mom on my cell-phone one last time before I boarded a plane, crying the whole time.
  • We flew "across the pond."
  • We started an adventure of a lifetime.
Missing all of you..... 2 more years to go!

2 comments:

krista said...

WoW! I can't believe a year has passed already! I still am in awe that you did it while sick with that sweet baby boy tucked away inside!

I love the slideshow you put on your sidebar--especially the first pic of Maddie on the steps, Tim leaning back against the column, you and your girl laughing together and the closeup of Ethan with his boys on the wall. No pic of you and your hubby kissing under the arches? :o)

BTW, I LOVE the gifts you sent. You're so sweet. I'm hoping to get the cross stitch in it's frame and on the wall soon!

Natalia especially likes the jelly babies! :oP

Amanda said...

One year ago today, I was missing my friend but realizing that the Lord had plans for her that would take her somewhere exciting and new. I also realized that I would probably be in better contact with her than I ever had before, which of course, has come true! :)